About DDD Melbourne
DDD Melbourne is an inclusive non-profit conference for the software community. Our goal is to create an approachable event that appeals to the whole community, especially people who usually don’t have the opportunity to attend, or speak at, conferences. We do this by:
- Making the ticket price as low as possible ($79)
- Running the event on a Saturday
- Allowing anyone to submit about any software industry related topic
- Having a democratically chosen agenda
- Focussing on creating a safe and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome
- Providing free childcare options for the duration of the main conference
Furthermore, DDD Melbourne aims to both create opportunities for underrepresented minorities, juniors and first-time speakers to present as well as influence the wider software industry to encourage such opportunities more broadly.
What do we do with the money we raise?
DDD Melbourne is run by Oz Dev Inc., a non-profit association. All funds raised as part of running DDD Melbourne, selling merchandise on Red Bubble or any other activities are used for:
- Running current, or future, DDD Melbourne or DDD By Night events
- Sponsoring events or meetup groups in the VIC software industry that align to the purpose and goals of DDD Melbourne
- Other activities that contribute to the VIC software industry and align to our purpose and goals
What does DDD stand for?
DDD Melbourne started out its life as part of the Developer! Developer! Developer! series of events and while our heritage is as a developer-focussed conference, DDD Melbourne is not just for developers, but for all professionals in the software industry. These days we don't expand DDD - it's not an acronym for us anymore, but if people insist then we might say Designer, Developer and Data Scientist, or is it DevOps, Data architect, distributed tester?
The original DDD Melbourne logo was:
Developer! Developer! Developer! started in 2005 in the United Kingdom as a community conference organised by software developers for software developers. It's since spread all over the UK and Australia.
DDD was set up with a number of key elements in mind, which hold true for all DDD conferences held worlwide:
- It is free / low cost
- It is on a Saturday
- An open submissions process
- A democratically chosen agenda
We have a number of sister events across Australia:
Next event Saturday 3rd October 2020
- One day
- Fully catered
- Inclusive atmosphere
- Interesting presentations
- Awesome people
- Only $79
Note: All dates in +1000.